You can view the church services calendar here
History of the Church and Community
The Greek Orthodx Church of St. Ambrosios and St. Stylianos has a long history. In 1868 the Parish of Wolverton, which covered the eastern and southern sides of Stony Stratford, established the church dedicated to St Mary the Virgin in London Road, built to an early design by Sir George Gilbert Scott. A Vicarage (opposite the church), two Curate’s houses (now known as ‘Jesuan House’) and a Parish Hall were built.
In 1964, when a fire caused considerable damage to the interior of the St Giles church, the Oxford Diocesan authorities questioned the need for two churches and parish priests in Stony Stratford. At first it was thought that the church of St Mary the Virgin should be extended and made the Parish Church for the town. However it was decided to retain the church of St Giles and close the church of St Mary the Virgin and combine the two parishes under the Church of St Mary & St Giles, on Palm Sunday the 7th April 1968.
The former church of Saint Mary the Virgin then became a Community Centre (evident from the carved lettering in the stonework on the front of the church), until the church and hall were acquired by the Greek Orthodox Community of Milton Keynes in 2010 This was made possible through the generous and substantial support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. The two buildings have been restored extensively and are used by the Greek Orthodox Church of Saint Ambrosios and Saint Stylianos, the Greek community and the Greek school. The church also houses the Chapel of St Mary of Vlachernae.